Career Level Director/VP/Board-Level
Experience 5 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Dual reporting to European operations and corporate IT, this position will be responsible for IT operations in Europe. The candidate will be the primary focal point for all the IT needs within Europe closely working with corporate IT to implement solutions that are in line with global IT standards. The IT Director will grow and lead a dispersed team of IT professionals throughout various European countries that Canopy Growth has presence ensuring all global IT processes are adhered to. The candidate will play a key supporting role in the deployment of a global ERP (SAP) to Europe in a staggered manner.
- Build strong relationships across European operations and corporate IT in order to help develop and support new and existing capabilities
- Define, deliver, and support strategic plans for implementing technologies within the European region
- Manage in-region enterprise systems related maintenance such as systems upgrades, patching, health monitoring, license management, hardware/software asset management, and software distribution
- Manage the IT project portfolio for the European region ensuring IT project priorities are aligned to the European business strategy
- Partnering with the IT infrastructure team for execution of new site deployments based on architecture and design from corporate IT through combination of Canopy Growth employees and outsourced partners
- Support the deployment of a global ERP (SAP) within the region championing the change management that comes with that
- Verify performance of provided services by conducting system audits and reviewing established metrics
- Execute programs based on standard corporate IT policies and procedures in line with Internal Controls for Financial Reporting (ICFR) and SOX
- Forecast demand for services, prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures, analyze variances and corrective action
- Mentor junior staff in order to continue building a world class IT support organization
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline (or equivalent experience). A master’s degree in business would be desirable
- Must be detail oriented and able to effectively manage competing projects and priorities
- Motivated, passionate technology manager with a focus on process improvement, technical support, and analytical thinking
- Senior level experience directly managing an IT team in a fast-paced global environment. Experience with a publicly listed NA company would be an asset and in particular operating in a controls framework (ICFR & SOX)
- Understanding of a pharmaceutical environment and its impacts to systems including GMP validation considered desirable
- Experience with ERPs (SAP, NetSuite, MS), CRM (Salesforce) and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) is required
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills
- Knowledge of European privacy laws including GDPR is desirable
- Understanding the overall business functions and the impact of technical decisions on business results
- Fluent in English. German language skills are desirable
- This is a full-time position based out of Canopy’s European headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany or London, UK with travel 10-15% across Europe and to Canada. Ability to travel is considered essential
- The chosen applicant (m/f/d) will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.